1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Bed Shapers and Edgers for Sidewalks?

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by HydroCutter, Feb 18, 2007.

1. HydroCutter

HydroCutter LawnSite Member

I've been looking at different bed edgers and power edgers. They advertise they can cut in beds quickly. They never advertise they can put an edge along sidewalks. I would think they could, but why don't they say so? I was looking at the little wonder and the turfteq.
    Does anyone have any experience with these machines or others? Can you use them for the sidewalk edge?

2. lawnrich

lawnrich LawnSite Member

i would not try to edge a sidewalk with a bededger to total diffrent machines. a bededger can break concrete and cuts a treanch 6 to7 inches deep in a v shape with a straght edge an edger goes an inch or2 deepand cuts grass away from a side walk . bededger $2600 edger $260 and who would want to lift a bed edger out of there truck just to edge a sidewalk not me and i have a tommy gate
  3. cpel2004

cpel2004 LawnSite Bronze Member

Never mind, I'll keep my mouth shut.
  4. Turfco Tim

Turfco Tim LawnSite Member

Check out the Turfco Edge-R-Rite. There are 5 different blades for all of those applications and more. The blades don't spin they cut like a sodcutter so they don't destroy everything.

Best of luck!