bed treatments

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Rayholio, Dec 12, 2005.

1. Rayholio

Rayholio LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm putting together my 2006 catolog of services, and I have not previously offered bed and ornamental services.. I was wondering if I could get a sample of a bed treatment program that a few of you have used? or maybe even a recommedation?

I was also planning on billing the bed and ornamental treatments per sq ft, just like the lawn treatments... is that a bad adea?

Thanks in advance for any help :)

-Ray
    www.greenscapeoplin.com

2. Rayholio

I'm still working on this, and I'm not really sure how to build the quote... I've determined that I'll do 4 treatments:

mar-apr: Pre-Emegence
    may: Herbicide
    july: Insecticide
    jul-aug: Herbicide

With optional herbicide on every visit (for a fee)

Whatta you think?

3. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

First off you need a license to apply weed/grass killer type products in the yard or beds. If you already have a license then you don't need to read the following.

You will need to take two test and pass, then you will be required to get a minimum amount of insurance and turn it in to MU before they will issue the license. You will be required to prove each year that you still have the insurance and they will again issue a license for another year for a small fee.
    Every 3 years you must take the 2 test again or go to a 1 day seminar so you don't have to take the test again.

There are big dollar penalties if you are turned in or caught using pesticides on other peoples property without a license.

Read about it hear

http://muextension.missouri.edu/explore/agguides/agecon/g00855.htm

4. ns400r

ns400r LawnSite Member

We do a pre emergent treatment of Treflan (sp?) in early spring, then follow it up with a couple round up treatments during the season. Its not something we push, although we should, mostly because we are so busy trying to get the Pre Emergents done on the lawns before its too late.

5. Rayholio

Thanks for your concern. I am licensed here in Missouri.

Sounds like your plan, and mine are similar, except I have added a pesticide in there.. how do you do your quotes on beds? Is it by the sq. foot?