bed weed maintenance

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by TOMBOYS, Mar 2, 2008.

TOMBOYS LawnSite Member

I was wondering what the going rates are for bed weed maintenance. I am giving an estimate to a person who I am mulching for this spring. I have had a lot of inquiries about this service. Any suggestions? :confused:
  2. EJD Lawnpride

EJD Lawnpride LawnSite Senior Member

$7-12 per 100ft2
  3. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

We charge both by the hour and by the job. The hourly is obviously simple. However, the per job I usually break out into a per month charge depending on how long it is going to take us.

What helps to is having our pesticide license in both turf and ornamentals. I'm able to apply roundup (or similar product) to those select areas with real hard to control weeds and it becomes very effective at eliminating time spent the next month/bi-weekly etc.
  4. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

I charge $25-$50 per month for this add-on service. I give them at least 2 (but usually 3 ) services a month. Using a pre-emergent like Snap-Shot in the spring and fall help out a great deal. On my visits I either pull big weeds or spray the smaller ones.
  5. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

we charge 50 per 1000 ft sq. we charge three times per year to come and perform maintenance duties in landscapes every week, but only on jobs we are already there once per week for another service as to cut down a trip charge and time. for me, it is not worth it to do this any other way. we dont have the time to only to bed maintenance for accounts we arent already there once a week
  6. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

Great point!

We only perform landscape bed maintenance on those we already do lawn maintenance services for. We actually charge as if we were to make a seperate trip for this service when in fact we just usually do it the same time we are maintenancing the account.

TOMBOYS LawnSite Member

Okay, that is good info. Thanks for your help