BedEdger machine by Brown Industries(AL)

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by YardGuy, Nov 19, 2000.

1. YardGuy

YardGuy LawnSite Member

Has anyone purchased and used this machine?

2. jrblawncare

jrblawncare LawnSite Senior Member

It's one of the best Tools I bought this year...I did not put alot of time on it,but it saves alot of time and your back.Got it for installing black edging...instead of taking 1 hour to install 20 ft by hand,now takes 20 min.also great for just cuting out beds.After renting one a few times I had to have my own.John

3. BUSHMASTER

BUSHMASTER LawnSite Senior Member

yea i have one brought it used from a rental store well its the compitions brand ...trenchmaster same thing 5.5 honda motor paid under $600 for it great machine.it used to take all day and them some to cut out new beds in some yards we have a lot of clay here....now what used too take all day is down to and hour or soo,......i am going to try an do some sub work next year for the cable company to burrie the tv cable from the box to the road $$$$$$$$$ wheather you buy one new or used it will definitly pay for its self....

4. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

I borrowed one from a friend of mine,I cut 200 ft of new edging in about 10 minutes,it works excellent.This had 8hp honda engine.

5. CCLC

CCLC LawnSite Senior Member

I've had one now for about 5 years. I can't imagine life with out it. I haven't kept track this year but I'd say that we put in about 2500' of edging. After every big job the guys always say it was a good thing that we had it otherwise they would have quit. I don't have any regrets other than I only have the 5.5 Honda. I would get bigger if I had to purchase again. I also don't have the steerable trencher but have managed just fine without it.

6. SJR Lawncare

SJR Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I must agree with the other posts, Ive used one & it was awesome, saved so much time & labor. I want one too!!

SJR Lawncare

7. Likestomow

Likestomow LawnSite Senior Member

I would like to know a good place to buy a new cutting head for a Trenchmaster. I know where there is an older machine for a good price, but the head is shot.

8. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

I rented one of these to do 100 tree rings. It took about 2 hours. At $5 a ring, that was a nice payday.

9. BUSHMASTER

BUSHMASTER LawnSite Senior Member

e/mail these guys and thierll hook you up on a blade..
    http://www.eztrench.com/index.html
    .the shaft size on their blades are 3/4 "

[Edited by BUSHMASTER on 11-20-2000 at 09:42 AM]