Bedshaper?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Adam's Lawn and Garden, Apr 6, 2007.

1. Adam's Lawn and Garden

Adam's Lawn and Garden LawnSite Senior Member

So i rented a bedshaper today, and i thought it sucked. After i got the hang of it it was ok. It just didn't seem to have enough power, and you had to cut super close to the exsisting edge. I was just wondering what other guy's experiences are and what you would recommend to switch to?

adam

2. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

Brown bed edger.......The bedshaper dumps dirt in the grass while the Brown dumps it in the bed......If the ground is real wet you need to wait......

3. Adam's Lawn and Garden

i'm looking at one of the brown ones today at an auction that a rental place is having.

thanks,

adam

4. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

I bought a Brown bed edger last year for 1200.00, it was like new and hardly used at all. It saved me so much freakin' time! That has honestly been the only peice of equipment thats paid for itself within a year (season). With the Brown, you just have to feather out the dirt in the bed and cover.

5. ooo

ooo LawnSite Member

I use the EZ Trench bed shaper and it saves me a ton of time and work. The Bluebird bed shaper looks interesting but its not rented around here and Im not spending $2300 for it before trying it out.

6. Adam's Lawn and Garden

does the brown grind up the grass good too? cause the one i used on friday that was the ez-trench version, it didn't cut the grass up much.

adam

7. DoetschOutdoor

DoetschOutdoor LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S. IL

Try the bluebird if you get a chance...I used it last week on 300 feet of bed edging and did an awesome job. Plenty of power and not too bad to handle once you get used to walking backwards

8. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

if it is not too wet the Brown pulverizes the dirt and grass

9. AllGreen Landscaping

AllGreen Landscaping LawnSite Member

i would love to see it work in arakansas,,,,does it have a diamond blade?...lololol

10. AllGreen Landscaping

AllGreen Landscaping LawnSite Member

the old pick and shovel down here...i'm from new england...this place i call rockandsaw