Bee nest in trees

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Branchland, Oct 6, 2005.

1. Branchland

Branchland LawnSite Senior Member

This is for my own place. My wife noticed a bee hive on a tree limb in the front yard. It's about 6 inches around and I did see some bees around it. This is one kind of bees nest I've never had to mess with. So what's a good and safe way to get rid of it? I want to get rid of the nest but would like to kill as many bees as possible.
  2. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

put the house up for sale and move out theres nothing you can do.......i dont knwo if how soon its gonna be until it frost in nc but the first frost should knock most if not all of them out. so until then lock all the doors and windows and dont go outside
  3. Oasis1

Oasis1 LawnSite Member

I had this problem with one of my customers yards. The bees were acutally making the nest as I pulled up to cut. So she called a bee keeper. Thats what i would do if i were you
  4. grassmanvt

grassmanvt LawnSite Senior Member

bee killer in a bottle, some work better than others.
  5. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

Ditto! They are professionals when dealing with these critters and they're usually willing to do it for free or a nominal cost. They just add the bees to their inventory.