Been down for a week

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ChadsLawn, Jun 1, 2001.

1. ChadsLawn

ChadsLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

it all started last saturday night/early sunday morning.wife and the kids and i went to the local dirt races,left early cause the kids were acting up real bad..got home worked on the puter for awhile then took a shower..got out i was shivering pretty common..well the shivering didnt stop.I jumped in bed put 2 big blankets on still shivering..i slept prety good as far as i can remember.then early sunday morning i woke in severe pain in my left side and chest..
    i could only take very short breaths and it still hurt.make a real long story short.i went to the emergency room that same day.the admitted me and did all the testing,x-rays etc.doctor came in and said you ready to go home..i said yeeah..he said no way.told me i was here for atleast a week.I had pnemonia and infection in my blood stream which can be deadly if they dont get it takin care of.all i could worry about was how was i gonna get my work done.so i spent 5 days with iv's and other drugs gettin shot into my wrist..had 5 diff x-rays done and about 20 diff blood tests..today when they told me i could go home i said good i have to get back to work..they told me diff real quick.no work for 10 daysor lifting for 10 days..the infection worked into my left shoulder and man it hurts.

this experience has changed my life..i had to stop smoking also.

ill fill you in how how things go..i have to go basck to Doc. for more x rays in a week..

2. yeah, i know this one guy. i think he is around mid 40's. a friend of mine had dropped off some wood for him. so later that day he had a heart attack. he had another one about a week prior to this. guy was an alki? if that is how you spell it. he also smoked a lot. he now practices good nutrition, drinks a little bit of wine at dinner, and quit smoking cold turkey. this is all what he is telling me though. i know as fact however that he did have the heart attack. and when i talked with him i could tell a difference in the way he conducted himself. stuff like this really changes your lifestyle. it did similar things for my father when he had his heart stuff.

3. George777

George777 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

ChadsLawn, I wish you a speedy recovery. take care and get well soon.

4. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

Chadslawn, Hope you feel better soon. You've got a lawnmans worst nightmare, being sick during the cutting season. If I was closer I'd help you out, but I'm up in Spring Hill.

5. joshua

joshua LawnSite Bronze Member

get well soon chad

6. Lawnshark

Lawnshark LawnSite Member

ChadsLawn,
    Hope you get to feeling better soon. The grass will be there waiting when you're ready so rest up and get better. Glad to hear you're doing o.k.

7. Craig Turf Management

Craig Turf Management LawnSite Senior Member

Take care and get well soon man.

We all need to take really good care of ourselves. Not just for our business' sake, but we owe it to our families.

You may develop pneumonia anyway, but let this be a wake up call for everyone. STOP SMOKING!!! Can anyone really tell me one good thing about smoking? If you can't quit, go to your doctor and see what he can do for you. My father-in-law quit cold-turkey two years ago tomorrow. He was a three to four pack a day smoker. Doc prescribed Zyban. Helped him alot, but you've got to want it. What motivated him, was my four year old son told him, "paw-paw, I don't want you to die, and cigarettes will kill you" Went to see his pulmonologist(lung doctor) a couple of weeks later, and quit June 2 1999. We're taking paw-paw out to eat to celebrate this weekend

Take good care of yourself. Bill Craig

8. KD'sLawns

KD'sLawns LawnSite Member

Sorry to hear about the sickness, wish you a quick recovery.
    Bravo on quitting smoking, just stick with it. Load the ashtray up in your vehicles with hard candy to help you get by.
    Are you a one man show or do you have employees? Hope the down time doesn't set you back to far.

9. smburgess

smburgess LawnSite Senior Member

It is a bad time to get sick, I wish you a speedy recovery!

10. Fine Lines Lawn

Fine Lines Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.