Been mowing since July cant seem to shake arm soreness, any help?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by jvgkaty, Oct 6, 2012.

1. jvgkaty

jvgkaty LawnSite Member

Its mostly in my right arm, i am right handed. the soreness is in the outer forearm and bicep near elbow, i believe from the weed eater. I just cant seem to shake it or heal it up, its constant. any advice? thanks

2. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

Take some ibuprofin

3. jvgkaty

jvgkaty LawnSite Member

i really dont want to be stuck on taking pills.

4. nashlawn01

nashlawn01 LawnSite Senior Member

Try taking a break from rubbing one out lol!!!

5. nashlawn01

nashlawn01 LawnSite Senior Member

All jokes aside if your like most your not getting any younger. Have you tried icy hot or something like that

6. RussellB

RussellB LawnSite Fanatic

Not sure why a trimmer or mowing would cause your arm to stay sore. I'd probably have a DR take a look at it.

7. Dr.NewEarth

Dr.NewEarth LawnSite Bronze Member

Try changing how you hold your right hand on the trigger for part of your routines. My wrist and elbow get sore from pulling ignition cords too. I have even worn special tensor bandages on both the right elbow and my wrist. If you won't take an anti-inflamatory or a pill to ease the pain, then I have no other suggestions.....I suppose you could hire a crew and just supervise?

8. agrostis

agrostis LawnSite Silver Member

Are you keeping your hand, wrist and arm in a straight line when using a mouse ? Are you sitting up straight ? Bad computer posture can cause all kind of weird pain's. In 2010 the top of my forearm was hurting like i've never felt before, i thought i was coming down with rheumatism or arthritis, it turned out to be bad computer posture.

9. TX Easymoney

TX Easymoney LawnSite Platinum Member

Move the trimmer handle farther down the shaft...the factory puts the stickler too close to the trigger....moving it will give you more leverage and makes the head seem lighter
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. TX Easymoney

TX Easymoney LawnSite Platinum Member

Also helps straighten your wrist and takes pressure off firearm/ wrist
    Posted via Mobile Device