1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

been to hell, it's hotter here.....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Jul 22, 2004.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

today was brutal, bad humidity to say the least. by noon my one man was askin about quitting time, by 1 my amigo was agreeing with him. me personally, i wasn't in the least bit effected. in fact, when we quit at 1:30, i had to run around the block 10 times just to break a sweat. this stuff separates the men from the boys. how hot was it where you were?
  2. chuckers

chuckers LawnSite Senior Member

it was 97* and really humid here and that was at 11:00 it started to cool off at like 1 or so and now its gonna storm and back to 70's and not humid
  3. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

Its been in the 90's or so about all week but the humidity has been near 95%. Really doesn't bother me all that much but it started raining here about 1:30. Tommorrow its only suppose to get to 72 and low humidity kinda like a fall day.
  4. dannylj

dannylj LawnSite Member

Mid 90s down here in north Louisiana. Humidity is high all year. Typical summer is 95 to 100 degrees and humidity in 80s and 90s. Lots of rain in June. Just do it and drink lots of water. Danny
  5. Up North

Up North LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MN

Bobby, you quit at 1:30pm???? Did you get your $400 clear in for the day?

Here in northern MN we had 88 degrees the last 3 days and today it's 65.

6. bobbygedd

from NJ

yes sir my brother. you see, i was born at night, but not last night. in addition to the mowing, i did: 2 malorganite treatments, and treated 2 props for cinch bugs. higher value work, dig?
  7. Up North

Up North LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MN

thatta boy! Now you can kick back and enjoy a nice cold Coors Light. I got one more prop to do after 5:00pm then I'll be sipping a cold one as well.

Cooler weather is heading your way, should be just in time for the weekend, enjoy.

8. Pilgrims' Pride

Pilgrims' Pride LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA.

Thats why I work alone fellas.
    I started at 0730 and got home around 3:30.
    It was high 80's and humid today but my HPS kept on pullin and we gotter done!

Guys ask me sometimes when I'll hire some help.
    My answer is always the same.
    "When I can find a guy that doesnt squawk about the weather, show up drunk and expect to run my machines or beg for raises he doesnt deserve I'll hire him."
    Til then I'll buy machines and work alone.
    They dont ask for days off and only quit when you don't take care of them.
  9. bobbygedd

from NJ

yea pilgrim, today was a rare one. i wanted to work till 4-5, they were hurtin. specially the fat one
  10. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

nothing a little hose water can't douse! I don't think today was that bad...... we had alittle bit of a breeze to balence out the heat. also, i have customers that pass out out cans of soda while we're there, that's always a booster.