1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Been wantin 1!!! Did I get a pretty good deal??

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by mowcrazy, Apr 24, 2011.

1. mowcrazy

mowcrazy LawnSite Senior Member

Well, I been wanting an enclosed for a while and I stumbled across this thing a few days ago. I was out with 2 friends looking at enclosed trailers all day long and when I was almost home there was a truck broke down with this trailer beind it. I might add it was a ford powerstroke LOL. Anyways, I asked the feller if we could help him and he said he had a rollback coming to get him but said he would appreciate it if could pull his trailer to his house about 5 miles away. He rode with me and i told him Id been looking at enclosed trailers all day and he said this thing was for sale. Stated it has been used for pulling his 2 harleys and gear to florida in the winter (motorcycle chaulks were permanently bolted in). Walked in and grabbed a receipt from when he bought it new in 2006 for $4900. Still had original tires and still have lots of tread. Very little use but he flat out told me it hadnt been cleaned since the day he bought it. As you can see it was very dirty. Here is some pics of cleaning half way done. Got the trailer for $1900. it is 16 x 8.5 wide.

trailer1.jpg

trailer2.jpg

2. 944own

944own LawnSite Bronze Member

nice find man that thing was dirty, post pics when you get it all cleaned up.

3. GunnPropertyServices

GunnPropertyServices LawnSite Senior Member

id say you got a good deal

4. SkinnyVinny

SkinnyVinny LawnSite Senior Member

good deal, nice trailer.. I cant believe how dirty it was haha.. good find man, good luck with it

5. stlouis grass cutter

stlouis grass cutter LawnSite Member

LOL. Do you really need to ask if you got a good deal on this. You sure as shoot did. Enclosed trailers around here in St. Louis, MO hold there value tremendously. If he only hauled what he said he hauled and it wasn't abused other than the lack of washing, I would say you got a good deal. Karma, man Karma. Helped him out and he helped you out. Congrats on a once in a lifetime purchase.

6. fire126

fire126 LawnSite Member

You could of wrote your company name on the trailer with soap and a scub brush.lol

7. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

Nice,Get it all lettered up now.

8. TopNotchLawnCare

TopNotchLawnCare LawnSite Member
    from IL

Nice. What did you use it clean it up? Just soap and water or ?

9. grincon

grincon LawnSite Member

Great deal! Its funny how stuff works out sometimes.

10. mowcrazy

mowcrazy LawnSite Senior Member

Nope, actually I went to the dollar store and bought 2 spray bottles of MEAN GREEN. wet the trailer down with water, spray a 2x2ft square very heavily with the mean green and scrub with a scotchbrite pad. It took a while but it was cheap!!! $4 and some water. Oh and 1 buck for 2 scotchbrite scrubbies.