1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Been well pleased with my 05 Tundra gas mileage.

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by QualityLawnCare4u, Apr 8, 2005.

1. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

I have been checking the gas mileage on my 05 Tundra for 2000 miles and it has gotten consistently between 17.5 to 18.4 in town, heavy stop and go, with trailor hooked up and loaded to the gills with rocks, mulch, dirt, and both my ztr and the AC on. It also pulls with no problem for the V6, no strain at all. Now you folks who pull tractors or dozers this truck would not be for you but for basic lawn care Im well pleased. My 00 Tundra with the V8 never got better than 11MPG.
  2. Eddie B

Eddie B LawnSite Senior Member
    from gone

Nice mialage. I get 8.5 miles to the gallon pulling the trailer with my chevy. :mad:
  3. Toy2

Toy2 LawnSite Bronze Member

Go Toyota!!! Need Pics!!! :)
  4. QualityLawnCare4u

Im ashamed to say that I dont know how to post pics. Only had a puter for about 5 months but am going to learn.

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

With all the bad news that you have told about the work conditions by you, I am happy to see that you have been able to get a new truck.

Not to be mean, but just food for though. With the stories of woe that you have told of the ecomomy around you I am sorry to see that you have chosen to support another country with your purchase rather than the U.S.A.
    I know that they are built here now but the money goes home.
    At least we live in a country that allows us to do that. :)
    Good luck and enjoy.
  6. QualityLawnCare4u

PMlawn, I did not want to buy anything new at this time, but my Nissan was on its last leg with 182k miles and the Toyota dealership was the ONLY, I repeat ONLY, dealer that would give me the time of day! The chrysler place was rude and did not even want to look at my truck and I will walk before I own another Ford (dont get me started on that one) I am patriotic as anyone but untill American car dealer act like they give a crap I will be buying a nissan or toyota. When they act like they care then their will be an American car in my yard. BTW, when you take the 13,000 that I traded for and subtract the 3500 in work that my nissan needed that is a difference of 9500 and I have a new truck with a WARRANTY! Also the chrysler dealer wanted my truck and 19,000 for a truck. HELLO, you do the math. Dont judge someone till you know the dam facts!

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

Not judging, just said it saddens me.
    As Americans we only look at the finial numbers.
  8. QualityLawnCare4u

Like I said , I had just as soon have an American car in my front yard but this was one of those emergency buys. I honestly did not think my nissan would make it to the dealer (transmission was going fast) and was pouring oil. The Toyota dealer did not even drive it, just made a comment about how sharp it looked and gave me 4200 for it after I haggled them down on the new Tundra. BTW, the truck I got is a no frills nothing fancy work truck, and you are right, it scares the crap out of me with my work situation but I gotta have a truck. I dont think I could have bought a used one any cheaper than this and I could not sale my old one, nor would I sale it at the shape it was in to an individual.
  9. MTR

MTR LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

Is this v6 the same one in Tacoma 's high-end model? Is your Tundra a stick or automatic? I have seen a reg cab Tundra 05, and kind a like it somehow, but their body work not good especially front bumper, all plastic!
    My next truck would be either Tundra or F 150.
  10. QualityLawnCare4u

Yes MTR, it is. The 04 had a 3.4 190 HP. The new V6 is 4.0 litre 245 HP. I just filled up again and got 20.5 this time, 371 miles on exactly 18 gallons of gas. That is all in town with the AC on and pulling my trailor with one Z and not all the rocks and dirt. Mine is a AT transmission. You are right about the front bumper being plastic but that was no biggy to me. Got a great deal on this truck, dealer wanted to move it. Like I said, my 00 Tundra never got better than 11mpg with the V8 and eat the heck out of rotors. I found out that the first year Tundras had a LOT of brake issues. I liked the Tacomas but were to small to haul what I needed to haul. Mine has the 8 ft. bed.