Xterminator LawnSite Senior Member

Find a dust it works Great or I use a liquid called Demon
  3. lawnguy26

lawnguy26 LawnSite Member
    from Florida

Talstar... Hope you have a bee suit.
  4. StBalor

StBalor LawnSite Senior Member

I use my gas and oil mixture. The gas smell will keep them from going back in the hole and the oil gets on them and will prevent most of them from being able to fly. (Depending on how much gets on them) It will also kill them eventually. The oil also will not evaporate as fast as the gasoline so it will stay around for a bit and you will not have to worry about the bees moving back in.
    Carry a can of spray behind your seat for the ones that nest in bushes.

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Try a cork.
  6. Kenny Snyder

Kenny Snyder LawnSite Member

If you want to get rid of them completely come back at dusk or after dark and spray a liquid or foaming wasp/hornet killer down the hole. Or, if the customer is capable, ask them to do it for you. It's been my experience that if you spray the nest (hole) during the day, the survivors will just relocate and possibly ambush you at a later date. I like to get 'em all while I know right where they are.
  7. upidstay

upidstay LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

the foaming stuff works, as does a dust. Foaming can sprays are the easiest to use though, and can be done from a nice, safe distance. Use the entire can, do it at dusk or at night.
  8. 2 clowns mowing

2 clowns mowing LawnSite Senior Member

thanks i'll try the foam spray at dusk.
  9. dKoester

dKoester LawnSite Gold Member

Do what I do. Stir them up, let them calm down then stir them up some more. Their sting is weak maybe cause i'm not allergic.
  10. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

I think we went through 30 some cans last year. I have to give myself a shot every time I get stung.:angry: