beez nest help me out

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by sbvfd592, Jul 29, 2002.

1. sbvfd592

sbvfd592 LawnSite Senior Member

OK well mowing one of the accounts and IM on there side yard, i notice smutting fly past me i look down and there one heck of a lot of bees around the mower likely i was using the 21 inch so i dident have to shut the mower down all i did was release the handle and run to the other side of the yard so i left the mower there and just trimmed up the front and blew down the walk. i dkont know what to do when i was done trimming i whent beak to look at the mower and there still menny bees swarming I Think they where yellow jackets what should I do I just left that job I i only use the 21 inch on that property anyway.

ps i luckaly only got stung twice could have bin alot worce

2. Barker's Lawn Care

Barker's Lawn Care LawnSite Member

try using some gasoline

3. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

Great idea...then you can explain the dead spot in the customer's lawn.

To think I would use this as my 1000th post. :p

4. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Fire Extinguisher It Work's wounder's And No Burnt Mower Or Lawn.

5. Barker's Lawn Care

Barker's Lawn Care LawnSite Member

Scraper, think about it, bees live in holes in stumps, ground etc. (not on top of the grass)chances are it wouldn't burn the grass(i've tried it)

1 locate the hole
    2 go out at night (while the bees are dormet)
    3 pour a cup of gas IN THE HOLE

6. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

I thought about it. Yep...You're still off base. Not only will it kill the grass, but it is also illegal to discharge gas to the ground in that manner. I am sure your State Dept of Environmental Protection would love to hear of people doing this. Albeit a small amount of gas, it is still detrimental to the ecosystem.

7. sbvfd592

i have no clue where the nest is i looked but i dont whana get to close in on it and they swarm agen:confused:

8. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

well u got locate that grd nest .
    i used gas myself as they have so many tunnels u need the fumes to run off what u dont kill. i wouldnt mow it period until i located where its at . ps they will have more than one entrance sometime.

9. Toatlandscape

Toatlandscape LawnSite Member

Why not ask the customer to have it taken care of. It is not our responsibility. They should have a pest control company and take care of it. You/I have done my part by informing the customer of a potential hazard. The check it out before mowing the property again. Just my .02.

10. sbvfd592

ya they are a older cupple and i whana save them, some cash i have mowed there lawn for 7 years one of my first custamers. shoulkd i charg for the mowing eaven thow i stoped in the middle eaven whne i go back to finish??