1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Befor I take my mini vacation................

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by matthew horner, Apr 29, 2004.

1. matthew horner

matthew horner LawnSite Senior Member

i have to submit this bid. I told my clients I'd have it done by the end of this week. I'm going out of town tomorrow, for some much needed camping. I really need a ballpark figure on this for nc peidmont.

Its a residential, with a well and city water.

Approx square footage (about 20% flower beds, and the rest centipede grass) is 1100ft.

This would be my first full irrigation install.

My questions: How long should this take me (as a beginner, and once I am experienced)?, and What should the homeowner expect to pay for this, turn key.

I know more info is needed to be accurate with an estimate, but I simply need to provide him with an estimate so that he will know if he can afford this luxury.

THank you
  2. matthew horner

3. Miller

Miller LawnSite Member
    from WY

LOL! Simply amazing. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
  4. matthew horner

what? Are you being sarcastic.
  5. aquamtic

aquamtic LawnSite Senior Member

If you want a ball park- here it is based on your square footage of 1100sf. WIth a 30'spacing on a Hunter PGP = 36 heads

36x 85.00 = about $3000.00

There is alot of information that you are still missing. Water pressur and GPM is a big factor. These numbers will determine whether you have to go less spacing or more which can change the number of heads.

You have alot of other details that we here cannot see. A layout and water data is necessary-

If your connecting to the well: You need to find out water recovery rate, volume, depth, hp/make of pump

You can see why not many people are throwing prices at you
  6. matthew horner

Thank you aquamatic. I'm going back out to look it over again and meet with the irrigation supplier from john deere on mondya.

7. greenworldh20

greenworldh20 LawnSite Senior Member

you know me...

sub it out to an irrigation contractor...stop taking work from me...or have your client call me when they need service...

just kidding.

good luck to ya...john deere reps will help ya out.

8. TennTexan

TennTexan LawnSite Member

you should install a 2 zone system with about 50-60 heads per zone and charge the customer around $800. Then change your phone number, jack-leg