Before & After look of a recent job!

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by cleankutlawnmaintenance, Jul 25, 2011.

1. Pressedun

Pressedun LawnSite Fanatic

It all looks good! I understand the use of pine straw, I'm just not a fan of it!

2. bobcat48

bobcat48 LawnSite Gold Member

Nice work.

3. Oakleaf landscape

Oakleaf landscape LawnSite Senior Member

I'v never seen pine needles bailed like that. Ours just have two strings that go around them. They come in a rectangle.

4. cutbetterthanyou

cutbetterthanyou LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm not a fan of the straw etheir glad people don't request it around here. How do you trim the grass around it without being all up in it? With mulch you (if done right) have a nice bed edge to seperate the two. Good work on the rest.

5. lukemelo216

lukemelo216 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from ...

agreed. All in all the work looks nice. I just dont like the look of the pine straw. Kind of just makws everything look a little sloppy.

6. KPZ Enterprises

KPZ Enterprises LawnSite Senior Member

awww the dreaded pine straw, hate the stuff, but lookn good for everything else.

7. Firefighter337

Firefighter337 LawnSite Senior Member

Same goes with pine straw. Still has a nice bed edge to separate the 2. Trim it like everything else. Easier to work with than mulch. Mulch washes away to quickly. Pine straw water runs right through it.

I like both.

8. orlawncaresvc

orlawncaresvc LawnSite Senior Member

If we did a clean up on that house first thing we probably do is clean up and get rid of all that ugly pine straw or hay.

9. buckmaster77

buckmaster77 LawnSite Member
    from FL

Cut a bed edge like you do with mulch and tuck the edges in... Same end result as mulch yet the mess will mulch up with a mower unlike mulch thrown in the yard with a string trimmer or edger

10. Casey'sLM

Casey'sLM LawnSite Member

Nice man, that's some good lookin' straw.