Before & After Pics - Edging

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Darryl G, Jul 21, 2003.

1. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

I took some before & after pics of an edging job I did today. I picked up this account in the spring and have been trying to get the customer to let me clean up the edges (and get paid of course). He finally did because he's getting the driveway sealed and wants to do the sidewalk too. Techically it's a town sidewalk, but as you can see, they don't maintain it.

Unfortunately, I couldn't do 100% today...things were going well until I disturbed some yellow jackets. I was lucky to get away with only one sting...I needed my backpack blower to get back into the danger zone and get my tools.

I'll straigten things out a bit when I get a chance...anyway, I think it's a big improvement.

tonysidewalkbefore.jpg

2. Darryl G

After.

Again, it still needs some work after the exterminater makes it safe to return.

tonysidewalkafter.jpg

3. bastalker

bastalker LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Darryl, quick piss on it!!:D

Lookin good!!:drinkup:

4. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

10 times better. just wait till the rain washes the dirt away, it will look even better

5. Darryl G

Bastalker - I did use the edger to cut through the top of the turf (used an old blade so I couldn't cut too deep). The pavement edge isn't exactly even, so in some places I had to just "pick a spot" to end the turf. Seems that they just kind of tapered the left side off and backfilled.

I Found an invisible fence I wasn't told about too. The other problem was I got into quite a tall edge about half way down on the right. I usually just stamp it down so it's not so tall, but that's how I found the yellow jackets!

Next time I mow I'll probably just hit it with the trimmer on edge and some 105 line and see if I can get it a little straighter.

6. bastalker

bastalker LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Darryl, Guess that edit didn't happen fast enough ...sorry... I put that lame post in there cause I never saw the second pic.:eek:

I shoulda known there was another one on the way.... :blush:

But you know!! Its miller time...:D

7. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Looks great! What a big difference! If you wanted to take a bit more off, and go to the sidewalks actual edge, you can still do that. If it was me, I would have to. It would bother me not to.:dizzy: Sometimes, I have to move the guard on the edger, and tilt it forward futher, so it has the clearance in back. That was a big JOB, though. Alot of sod by the looks of it!

8. LAWNGIRL77

LAWNGIRL77 LawnSite Member

LOOKS GREAT! I LOVE TAKING ON THINGS LIKE THAT 'CUZ THE END RESULT IS VERY REWARDING TO THE SOUL!!!
    PAT YOURSELF ON THE BACK. IT IS NOT EAST TRYING TO FIND THE ORIGINAL EDGE LINE WHEN YOU GOT TO GO THROUGH 2 FEET OF SOD!

PRISSY
    PRISCILLA'S LAWN CARE:D

9. maple city

maple city LawnSite Senior Member

Looks really good. We did a big one last week. I should have gotten pics. 3-4" overgrowth on both sides. It was a corner lot, and it looks sweet now.

We had been using the star edger baldes, but couldn't find them around here anymore, so I looked in j thomas. Got a couple of the star blades and an 8-point which we've never tried before. I can't wait for our next job to try that baby out.

We do a lot of edging jobs for people we don't mow for. Once people see how nice it looks, they call you back every year.

10. Live4Mowin'

Live4Mowin' LawnSite Member

I think you doubled the sidewalk width :D