1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

before/after still in progress

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by tat900, Jun 12, 2007.

1. tat900

tat900 LawnSite Senior Member

2. tat900

wahts sad is this house is prolly over 400 grand and there back yard is a the country club fair way
  3. cgland

cgland LawnSite Bronze Member

Extremely poor! There is absolutely zero evergreen presence in that bed. Whoever designed that should stick to lawn jockeying. This is why people think landscapers are on the same level as trash men.

4. tat900

Not Finished And Putting In The Plants They Asked For
  5. Tim Wright

Tim Wright LawnSite Bronze Member

Why does every house design need evergreen(the way I read your reply)?

If this were my job the only evergreen I would consider would be Spruce, Alberta Spiral or something along that line.

6. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

Follow the advise at the end of the first line of your sig.....

tat900- Big improvement, nice, clean and simple. I know that if you had the design choice it would look even better, but, if they request something, then you do the best you can with what you've got! Nice Job
  7. tat900

I will post this week f some other jobs that do have some evergreen in them we have installed . Down in the south you dont see a ton of evergreen and I do what the customeer wants and there paying me for what they want ,but what do I know Im just a lawn jockey
  8. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

Why all tiny plants? Are they going to grow much bigger?

IMO it would look much better if you blocked the foundation by putting larger plants in the back close to the house than "cascading" with medium sized and then small ones along the edge of the walkway like the size of the ones already planted. It needs more volume and visual depth to the garden. It is all at one level and size at this point with alot of empty space. Some evergreens would look nice because they are more full and look bold.
  9. tat900

Yes they will grow and that why i moved them away from the house I left room for growth
  10. DoetschOutdoor

DoetschOutdoor LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S. IL

It will look good in a little while when all of the plants fill out. Only thing I see is the edging could be leveled in a few areas just to clean it up IMO