Before and After, (2nd patio job)

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by promower, Nov 10, 2007.

1. promower

promower LawnSite Bronze Member

2. promower

3. promower

4. promower

5. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

You are on your way! Looks good for a 2nd job!

6. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

Patio looks good as does the wall. Stairs looka little sketchy. Good job for your 2nd install though!

7. Edgewater

Edgewater LawnSite Senior Member

That looks good.

As some of the other mentioned, the stairs are where you might make some changes in other jobs. The top landing should be large enough that someone coming out of the house with something in their hands could close the door without worrying about falling. The higher the staircase the harder it is because they eat into the patio a lot, but the customer will be more comfortable in the long run.

8. cgland

cgland LawnSite Bronze Member

Good design elements, but the stairs are absolutely terrible. Do you know what a radius and diameter are?

Chris

9. ProLandscapes

ProLandscapes LawnSite Member

Looks good but.....

The steps should have been further out and I would have sold them on some curves on the outside of the patio.

10. zedosix

zedosix LawnSite Silver Member

Did you have a design drawn out before you did that patio? I think just a bit more thought into it and you could of avoided the two biggies I see. Not near enough room to put a table and chairs and the small steps. By adding 2 or 3 feet to the patio it would of enabled you to build steps that "work". Other than that not bad for your second job. Keep at it.