Before and after shoots of a renovation!

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by mhussey, Apr 1, 2007.

1. mhussey

mhussey LawnSite Senior Member

Tell me what you guys think about this renovation job I just completed. I have never done anything of this magnatude before so take it easy on me. I just got done shooting straw on this lawn.

Customer was supplying pine needles, however I ran out of what he bought. I will get follow up pics of the new bed plus when new grass starts to grow.

The guy said that he has had numerous people replant grass and can't get grass to stay. Hopefully I can! Tell me what you think.

Before. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

Are those the "done" pictures? If so, I'd say you need to go back and finnish the job- looks like it still needs a LOT of work done!:confused:

3. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

Oh Ouch! ..

4. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm not saying it to sound like an a$$***e, I'm just stating a fact. I mean, it looks like the pine straw isn't even done yet.

Would you not agree Dukester?

5. mhussey

I agree with your comment, however you didn't read the text that stated this "Customer was supplying pine needles, however I ran out of what he bought. I will get follow up pics of the new bed plus when new grass starts to grow."

Thanks for the comment though

6. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

Did ya lime the soil. I know over in Linconton NC we had to lime a lot.

7. mhussey

I put out 520lbs. of lime on that part of the lawn. You really need lots of lime on yards here in the piedmont region. This yard was mostly red clay.

8. DoetschOutdoor

DoetschOutdoor LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S. IL

Not ripping you but are those the done pics? It doesnt look like any of the straw is spread?

9. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

Read the friggin' post..................

I can't wait to see the finished results, looks like it's going to be nice from what i see so far!

10. mhussey

Thanks mcw! I guess I should have waited to the pics of the completed job instead of saying I will repost pics as it goes. Guess everyone looks at the pics and doesn't read the text along with it. Oh well, I was excited to post them because I didn't get any pics of the real before. That bed in front of the house is all new. They only had a dinky what they wanted to call a bed in front of the house beside the porch.

Hey mcw nice lab! I will have to post a pic of my Chocolate Levi.