before and after

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by londonrain, Aug 1, 2006.

1. This was a manifold I received a call on with a leaking tee fitting.

I told the homeowner I would only rebuild the entire manifold if I was going to do any work on it.
    This thing had been patched back together a few time and two valves added.
    A plumber had just cut into it for an automatic pond filler, he was the one who informed the homeowner the tee was leaking.
    It had no valve box and a piece of wood as a cover, this is at a $700,000+ home.
    We rebuilt the manifold and moved it out from the foundation, installed a ball valve for the auto pond filler and another ball valve for future expansion of the system.

man.jpg

man1.jpg

man2.jpg

man3.jpg

man4.jpg

2. Hank Reardon

Hank Reardon LawnSite Senior Member

How do you feel about the plastic ball valve?

3. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Hey, it's South Carolina. No worries with ball valves. (unlike in colder climes)

You know you could have fit it all in one box, with the pond fill, and have had room to spare :p

4. NC_Irrigator

NC_Irrigator LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

Couldnt have done better myself!

PRETTY WORK!!!

5. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

Clean, professional looking job! You took a rat's nest and made some sense out of it. :clapping:

6. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

We've been using them to replace brass angle valves and they've been working great for us so far.

7. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

What's with the angle valves? I thought those were pretty indestructible.

8. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

Looks like one I did recently.

Good job, except for the primer slopped everywhere (Btw...IPS 725 doesn't need primer).

9. Yes that is the bad thing about the P68 purple primer, you can see it if runs all over the pipes and the drips from working above the piping. I work the primer on the pipe and the fittings really good to knock the shine off of the pvc pipe and fittings.
    I have been doing my manifolds like this for over 15 years. Three 1" valves in a 12" or 4 in a jumbo. I always leave enough space between all fittings for a extra cut if needed. With the P68 and 705 combo I give a 10 year warranty on piping and have never had to go back and repair a manifold or piping because of a leaking joint.
    Changing diaphragms or solenoids is very easy with this manifold setup.

P.S. it was hot today 97 with a real feel of 105+ that could have been sweat on the pipes..lol