Before and arfter blows who does em

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by pinnacle, Jun 27, 2003.

1. pinnacle

pinnacle LawnSite Senior Member

I want to know how many of youz preform before and arfter blows on cuts. ie I ww then I blow debris onto lawns then I cut and bag then blow again

2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

the only time that we perform before blows are when its fall and the leaves from the curbing and landscaping beds need to be on the lawn.

3. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

Ditto.

4. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

I only blow before in the fall or after I edge a sidewalk that hasn't been edge in awhile.

5. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

Only time I take out the blower before I cut is as stated above during fall leaf cleanups.

Gravely_Man

6. BIGWIV

BIGWIV LawnSite Member

Only when we have to edge a lawn that has never been edge before. We pick-up the large junks and blow the rest up on the lawn and mow over it.:p

7. yardmonkey

yardmonkey LawnSite Senior Member

I see a lot of guys blowing stuff into the street to finish up. I always blow everything off of the street into the yard. Recently I have started to sometimes blow into the yard before mowing if there is enough edging or stuff in the street that it would look bad to blow it onto the yard after mowing. I always mulch-mow. Seems worth the effort to me to do the before and after blow if that is what it takes to make the yard look nice. Like I said, I only started doing this recently. Always trying to improve.....

8. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

It just depends on the amount of debris on the hardscapes, like leaves and small twigs after a storm, or, as said above, lots of dirt and grass from edging.....but in the fall, its necessary to blow first.

9. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

Lucky for me, the city picks up leaves and any leaves in the fall go into the street. I charge extra if I have to blow before a mow in the fall. Not a lot, but enough to make it worth the time.

:D

10. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

You charge extra to blow? In the fall before you mow?

What do you do with all the leaves chillin' on the driveway and around the house? Surely you don't just blow em out into the street........or worse yet---- into the yard AFTER your done.

Down here the pine trees make a mess. Driveways have to be blown a lot of times before we can even think about mowing as well as some parking lots. If you don't blow first you spend extra time with a rake and bucket trying to collect the debris so it doesn't get back into the "freshly" cut lawn.

Any work the machines can take off this human is time saved and money made.

What's a rake anyway?:blob2: