Before Cutting the grass, cleanup

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Pristine PM, Apr 7, 2006.

1. Pristine PM

Pristine PM LawnSite Member

Hi guys,

I am having the hardest time trying to find a litter bag that you would use to clean up bits of garbage around a site before you cut the grass. We are breaking our back trying to walk around and pick it all up, and the only type I can find is the stupidly small home depot plastic one. We are looking for the type that is made of a tarp like material, that works with an ez grabber. Not one that you would attact to a mower, but a bag with a metal frame on it's opening and a handle.

Anyone have any websites to look at for this type of product?

Thanks so much,

Jon

2. traman

traman LawnSite Senior Member

3. Pristine PM

Thanks, I checked them out though, and called them, and they don't carry anything like that. They have the ones that attact to your mower, but I am looking for the type that you would walk around with, and flick garbage into.

Thanks,

Jon

4. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

How about just using a 5 gallon bucket? Had to use that yesterday at a church. Filled the freaking thing up 3 times. Yes I did charge for the time it took me to p/u trash.

5. befnme

befnme LawnSite Bronze Member

6. Pristine PM

I am 6'6", and I would break my back with a bucket, I really want the type of bagman type thing that you can sweep into, or rake into, or ez-grab into. A bucket would not work well for my back I don't think.

Thanks though,

Jon

7. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

Yeah that would break your back. I am going to look at what befnme has posted a link to. Those bags look real nice.

8. Pristine PM

Thanks James,

That is kind of what I am looking for, except that it has a handle that allows you to hold it so it is flat on the ground and sweep into it. The metal runs flat on one side like a small ramp for the litter.

9. traman

traman LawnSite Senior Member

10. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

Why are you picking up garbage???? Thought you was there to cut the grass:confused: If you do pick it up make sure you charge extra!!!