Before I buy an Exmark....questions

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Liendeni, Jun 24, 2008.

1. Liendeni

Liendeni LawnSite Member

I am really thinking about buying the 60" lazer z but wanted to ask a few questions first. Anybody out there have a preference over the Ultra Cut versus Triton deck. The dealer told me that the Ultra Cut was a better deck and a lot of guys who have purchased the new Triton deck have complained that the Ultra Cut gave a better cut.

Any opinions on this?

Anybody have any "do's and don'ts" I should know about or want to make any comments about this machine? Ya, I know I could have done a search....and I did....but it was usually a "what is better...Scag or Exmark" thread that popped up.

Thanks for any input.

One last thing....what do you guys think of the $7999 price for the 60" lazer Z with Ultra Cut deck and 28 HP Kaw. engine? That is of course before taxes.

2. Liendeni

Liendeni LawnSite Member

Wow...22 views and nobody has a comment on the decks?

3. mes9979

mes9979 LawnSite Member

ultra cut is one of the best decks ever on z mower.

4. dave k

dave k LawnSite Bronze Member

I would Demo both of them with heavy dew or what ever your cutting and see which does better, that is better than a million replies! Let us know which one demos better for you.

5. Scagguy

Scagguy LawnSite Bronze Member

I can tell you this much. We run Triton decks with mulch kits and are pleased with the quality of cut they produce. Wouldn't know about the Ultracut as I've never owned one.

6. Icepuck72

Icepuck72 LawnSite Senior Member

Never ran an Ultra Cut, but I run a Triton deck with a mulch kit and absolutely love it. Like someone mentioned, demo both of them.

7. freshprince94

freshprince94 LawnSite Bronze Member

I would definitely recommend the eXmark to you. The model you mentioned for $7999 is the Lazer AS (Advantage Series). It is basically a Lazer Z without all the bells and whistles.

The UltraCut deck is great. The Triton is supposed to be perfected in the 08" models. If you want a full frame mower with a UC deck, eXmark offers a 60" Lazer Z with 27hp Kohler and UltraCut deck.

8. MitchDaniel

MitchDaniel LawnSite Member

I have an 06 Exmark Lazer Z 60" Ultracut with a 27 HP Kohler and I love it! I've never used one with a Triton deck, but you will have no regrets going with the Ultracut deck. I paid $8,200 for mine two years ago, and it included the mulching kit (which I love!). I only got that deal because it was the off season though.:)

9. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I've run both style machines. Triton seems a bit better at times if you get one that is not a lemon. The Ultra cut decks are nice and are more tried and true and proven.

10. Liendeni

Liendeni LawnSite Member

Fresh, I didn't realize it was not a full frame? The price was $8999 and they knocked off a grand. Didn't realize it was an AS either, although I have to admit....I am not real sure what all the difference is because the Exmark website doesn't really say a great deal in regards to this. Any information would be great.