Before I Buy Help! Fastrak

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by goombie123, Mar 3, 2006.

1. goombie123

goombie123 LawnSite Member

Hello Everyone,
    I am new to this forum and would appreciate all help and guidance. I have been very unpleased with previous lawn mowing equipment (wont mention brands) that i have purchased in the past. I am new to the hustler brand and know little of it. I have researched the website but that can only tell you so much. The kit i'm considering is the 44" 18hp Honda fastrak
    My questions are:
    1.) Has anyone had experience with this? Overall thoughts? Good/Bad/anything?
    2.) How is the cut? Is the machine relatively easy to service yourself?
    3.) Any major problems or repairs experienced?
    4.) If anyone has had a problem, was the warranty work easy to acquire? (no hoops to jump through?
    5.) What kind of service have you received from the Hustler Turf Equipment Company?

Thanks in advance for any help you provide me with. Before i make this investment, i want to read other peoples thoughts.
    Tony

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

There is numerous hours of reading here on LS about the FasTrak.
    Plus a lot of owners will chime in here I am sure.
    You will not find a better machine or a better company, we stand behind our product 110%.
    Warranty is easily taken care of (if you need it at all) from your dealer, or any Hustler dealer.

Pj

3. 46mack

46mack LawnSite Member

i would go for the 52". the overhang for trimming is much better.

4. mike28nc

mike28nc LawnSite Member

Tony,

I have the 44" 16hp Honda. I love it! I wish I would have went with the 18HP but that is the only thing I would change. The only problem I can say I have had is due to wet grass and maybe not enough HP. but I just make my adjustment and cut it when it is not so wet. The dealer I use is outstanding. They have dropped my machine off and picked it up when the mulch kit arrived. I feel you cant go wrong at all!!!!

Mike

5. QCS

QCS LawnSite Member

I have the 20hp (Honda) Fastrak with the 52" deck. Great entry level machine!

6. nmurph

nmurph LawnSite Senior Member
    from ga

plain and simple, Hustler clearly the sets the standard in customer satisfaction. Hustler should be held up to all manufacturers, not just lc, as a model for the way to conduct customer service and factory support. you will not find a more fanatical group of users than you will find here and i don't think it is because we are a bunch of mind-numbed robots. there are too many other manufacturers that lco's/homeowners could switch to if they were dissatisfied. you won't read of Hustler owners switching to other brands, but you will see owners of other brands coming to hustler and it is often b/c of factory support issues. if you have an issue that you can not get resolution with you local dealer, an email to pj and you will have the attention of the factory. Hustler simply will not tolerate sloppy dealer support!

7. goombie123

goombie123 LawnSite Member

Thank you all for your sincere help. I really appreciate it. Well, i have decided to go with the 52" 20hp Honda. I also have wet grass and i do believe that this one will be be much more effectiive. Thanks :cool2:

8. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Cool!!!
    You will be happy with your choice.

Pj