Before I get any Flames ......:)

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by hunlimo, Jun 12, 2008.

1. hunlimo

hunlimo LawnSite Member
    from Florida

What do you think of this mower? I know it's from Home Cheapo and I know it has Briggs and I know its residential unit...but. I have 2-3 accounts that have a small fenced backyard small even for a 32" WB. So the only way is to either line trim or push a 21". Well line trim would be time consuming so the only alternative is to but a cheap push mower, which I would only use about 3 times a week for 15 minutes. Would this unit last me a year or two or should I look for something else? :usflag:

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs...ductId=100625584&N=10000003+90003+527106+1953

Ps: no hills or obstacles, just flat terrain

2. wheels910

wheels910 LawnSite Member

unless it's invisible, I can't see it. might have forgot to attach a picture. nope there's a link.

sorry

3. wheels910

wheels910 LawnSite Member

hour a week should be fine. bout what a homeowner uses one for.

4. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

I would steer away from that one. It has the big wheels on the back which also drive the mower. They will be flopping around in no time. I bought the same exact mower and the back wheels were wobbling after the first use! I took it back and got the Toro PP recycler with the standard back wheels. Much better now. I use it once or twice a week. It sucks in wet grass though, clogs up the deck pretty bad and will need to be scraped after each wet cut.

5. hunlimo

hunlimo LawnSite Member
    from Florida

6. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

Try and find a good used Snapper push mower. Those things run forever. I bought a used self propelled one for $100 ten years ago. I still use it for dog pens and small slopes

7. Brad Ent

Brad Ent LawnSite Member

Charles,
    Is your Snapper 2 or 4 stroke?

8. zemzabob

zemzabob LawnSite Senior Member

If you are only using it for 15min's twice a week any thing should last you a year or two JMO

9. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

I've run my Super Recycler 3-4 hours a week, this is the second season so far, and no problems whatsoever. I expect to get at least 5 years out of it. 30 minutes a week...a Recycler ought to last you at least 5 years if not 10.

10. Horsepower Lawns

Horsepower Lawns LawnSite Member

Its a front drive in the link.

I picked up a $130 push mower 3 years ago, still works fine.

If you want a Snapper look at Sears, they carry them here.