Befunnelled? Toro won't start

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Stuttering Stan, Sep 15, 2004.

1. Stuttering Stan

Stuttering Stan LawnSite Bronze Member

Out of the blue, My Toro Z (25hp) won't start. It will crank like usual but will not fire, it is getting fuel when choked, and replaced the spark plugs and blew out the fuel lines and filter. Both spark plug will are on securely. Why will it not fire, please don't say it is a internal problem. Tomorrow is a busy day so I hope I can get it going, Thanks yall

2. xcopterdoc

xcopterdoc LawnSite Senior Member

Is it getting spark??

3. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

The word you've entered isn't in the dictionary. Click on a spelling suggestion below or try again using the search box to the right.

Suggestions for befunnelled:
    1. befouled
    2. befooled
    3. bufflehead
    4. befallen
    5. buffleheads
    6. befriended
    7. buffeted
    8. bafflegab
    9. buffaloed
    10. buffered

4. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

It sounds like the magneto may have failed.

5. sawman65

sawman65 LawnSite Senior Member

it could be one of many things and yes they are all time consuming to fix
    first off how many hrs on that engine? if you have more than 600 you need to look at compresion do a test and see if there is any major differents in the two cyld. those kohlers are bad to blow head gaskets,intake gaskets and such.
    and of corse ck for spark for many years kohler had a problem with the coils,
    and the s.a.m. other than that i realy need to know what year and how many hrs are on that unit. hope this helps john wilson

6. mike green

mike green LawnSite Member

does it have low oil cut off switch if so chect the oil un plur the wire see if will start