Being the most visible LCO in Town

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by J Hisch, Nov 3, 2006.

1. J Hisch

J Hisch LawnSite Senior Member

Finally this year I have heard it more than ever. "I see your trucks all over town." All the sinage is finally paying off. Do you guys feel you are the most visible in town? If not why?

2. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

WHY,because you can drive on any day of the week in a short ride like a half mile and see 25 trucks.

3. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

It's not a concern of mine really, to be noticed as much as possible. It's my goal to raise the bar with professional, quality work. I want the job because of the work I do, not because they've seen me drive by the most. I have a good customer base who all love my work, their talking does more for me than any sign will ever do.

To be quite honest, in my town some of the LCO's you see the most don't do a very good job, they aren't thorough and they are really big so quality suffers.

That's my take on it.:waving:

4. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

I know what you mean. We have several towns that we service and people know who we are because of the type of work and the trucks.

5. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

I've got jobs because of good looking equipment, differant, but I'll take it.

6. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

The signs on closed trailers help big time in land9ing bids from commercial properties. We have several jobs on major streets and it can make a smaller business seems like a large one if you are seen many places. We are going to spend more money on the new wrap-arounds. We also get a lot of business from homeowners that see the trailers in the area. No substitute for advertising....ask TG and Scotts and JustMowit.

7. lawn_pro

lawn_pro LawnSite Senior Member

i remember when I had one truck and worked solo with no signs on the truck at all people would tell me they see my trucks all over town when I told them the name of my company...lawn crews all look the same to alot of people..i have been wondering lately how many people actually notice the company name on the side or if they see a white truck pulling a trailer and assume it is the same co?..without really reading the side

8. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Reading is automatic. Something we just do.

Comprehension and storage on the other hand is something that is not.

9. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

Correct, Mr. Ed..TG and Scott's are advertising companies that provide lawncare services. If you want to build a brand and brand loyalty, you have to be out there in some form or other. Truck lettering, logos, trailer signs, yard signs, etc.., it's all part of the big picture, and it works. You build a perception value into your business by the quality work you do and the condition of the employees' appearance, equipment , and trucks you use.

10. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

Reading is automatic. Something we just do.

Comprehension and storage on the other hand is something that is not

It's not a concern of mine really, to be noticed as much as possible. It's my goal to raise the bar with professional, quality work. I want the job because of the work I do, not because they've seen me drive by the most. I have a good customer base who all love my work, their talking does more for me than any sign will ever do.

To be quite honest, in my town some of the LCO's you see the most don't do a very good job, they aren't thorough and they are really big so quality suffers.

I agree with th above statements. Well said!