1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

belgard arbel pavers

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by Mlc gmc03, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Mlc gmc03

Mlc gmc03 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Indiana

has anybody used this product if so feeback would be appreciated. recently sold a job with a few hundred sqft of it

thanx in advance
  2. Paver Gangster

Paver Gangster LawnSite Member

Absolutely aces all the way. Look absolutely fantastic, just like broken stone but will save tons $ labor costs vs. real natural stone.

They key thing to understand is that they actually have a pattern when you install them, but it might take a while to figure out, I'd call Belgard first before installing (basically, you put the "butts" against each other).

Make sure you protect the surface when compacting because the surface is embossed.

SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah, when i went to Hardscaping North America I helped the Belgard Reps build their booth for a little while and basically it goes down like a clover leaf. I am sure everyone else will follow suit with a similar product since it does look so nice.
  4. Superior L & L

Superior L & L LawnSite Senior Member

Be carefull with that stuff, Its a lot more expensive than regular pavers and is a pain to get the pattern going. But looks cool
  5. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

it is not much more than regular pavers....

it is only in the $5.00/sqft range. it is the same as mega bergerac, etc......

it is awesome. we have used it on a couple of jobs, and are doing a display at our offiice
  6. mikeny

mikeny LawnSite Member

I love it, only used it two places so far, but I think we have 2-3 more jobs sold with it. Today it really got me thinking about it from a customers perspective when one guy told me "I don't want that it looks like stamped concrete".
  7. Paver Gangster

Paver Gangster LawnSite Member

The pattern is EAAAASY. A chimpanzee can put this stuff together.

Anyone that needs some tricks just PM me but this is easier than the 3 piece stuff
  8. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

I just found out about these today! We took a class at our local hardscape supplier today for a few hours and they introduced us to some new products they are carrying, these included.

Freakin' cool as heck!!! I think these will be hot. But the price point is definitely going to have to be higher than your typical paver job. Material will cost more and labor will probably be 20-30% more I am guessing. But worth it! I think people will pay more for these. I picked up two samples just to carry around in the back of my pickup and show to people when giving paver bids.

Aside from the pattern being a little slow to learn, I think the bigger cost is the custom cutting that will have to be done when you get to the edges. But then again, you don't always have to install them with a smooth edge. If someone likes the look and wants to save money, you can just go with a natural edge like they did in much of this photo below...

9. zedosix

zedosix LawnSite Silver Member

They don't make any edger pieces so if you are running along a foundation wall expect to do alot of cutting. Here is one we did last year using arbel.

eastern 5 044 (Medium).jpg
  10. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

Not much more??? That's over double what we usually spend on pavers.