Belgard retaining wall visible from both sides?

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by "Ground Control", Jan 29, 2008.

1. "Ground Control"

"Ground Control" LawnSite Member

Does Belgard make a retaining wall block that can be used for a vertical wall that is visible from both sides? If not, does anyone know of any companies close to Montana that would be cost effective to ship here?
    Thanks

2. B. L. Landscaping

B. L. Landscaping LawnSite Member

If you are talking for seatwalls and such yes use there weston stone.

3. zedosix

zedosix LawnSite Silver Member

[QUOTE="Ground Control";2123964]Does Belgard make a retaining wall block that can be used for a vertical wall that is visible from both sides? If not, does anyone know of any companies close to Montana that would be cost effective to ship here?
    Thanks[/QUOTE]

I believe the only thing you could use from belgard is their reversible capstone. It is 90mm or 3.5" thick. We've used it once for a bench and a couple of times for window wells. Your best bet would be to use Techo Blok they have a nice unit for that type of construction.

4. STONETER

STONETER LawnSite Member

The only ones I can think of right now are Keystone country mannor, weston stone, uniloc old quarry

5. PowerPlay

PowerPlay LawnSite Member

Yes, Belgard makes a free standing wall. It is called their free standing Celtik wall. It's a new product they introduced last year.

6. PatriotLandscape

PatriotLandscape LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MA

Celtik wall is a decent double sided wall.

7. BDisselHardscape

BDisselHardscape LawnSite Member
    from MA

You can do one of two things check with your local Belgard Dealer to see if they have any Country Manor left over or see if they manufactured the "Highland Freestanding Wall"

8. zedosix

zedosix LawnSite Silver Member

Not in Canada, but I do hope they come out with it soon.

9. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

i like it much better than country manor

10. cleancutccl

cleancutccl LawnSite Senior Member

They have a new product called weston wall, it is a dimensional stone so you can put it in any direction even doing the "column" supported seating walls. Look at their site they have added a lot of new products.