Belgium Block/FT Rate

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by landscapingpoolguy, Feb 10, 2004.

1. landscapingpoolguy

landscapingpoolguy LawnSite Senior Member

Hi guys,

Just wondering what the goin rate for Belgium Block by the foot was?

Pricing out 5x5x9's and 4x8x11's for 450 linear ft. So far I figured the 5x5x9's at $18/ft and 4x8x11's at $15/ft. Obviously the smaller blocks require more blocks, time, labor and mortar, so they will cost more. Anyone tell me if im close on these prices?

Chuck

2. aries

aries LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

Hey pool guy,

What are you trying to figure labor and material or just labor?
    and were are you going to buy your blocks I know a few places in nj but you have to buy them by the truck load or ton! let me know if I can help you

Joe:eek: :cool: :blob2:

3. ckf

ckf LawnSite Member

We get anywhere from $22 -$28 a linear foot

4. landscapingpoolguy

just looking for a linear ft price so i can check my numbers is all

Chuck

5. landscapingpoolguy

I called the customer, to give him my prices and he basically told me im crazy. LOL was only charging him $15/ft to do a 450FT run. I thought my prices were fair. Oh well. BTW I buy stone from Structural Stone(Fairfield), Dan Como and Sons(Towaco), and Argyle Block(Pompton Plains) but they always close to early so I rarely go there.

Chuck

6. aries

from nj

That sucks man!!!!!!! these guy's out their are doing work for free there is alot of work involved with this stuff and they keep giving cheeper prices!!!!!!!! I am finding that alot more we also do masonary work and its getting harder each day to compete! sorry to hear that chuck maybe next time you will have better luck!!!!!!!!!
    Stay strong

Joe :angry:

7. landscapingpoolguy

ill tell ya this, Its been along winter and can definatly use an early spring.

Chuck

8. aries

from nj

I hear ya on that! :eek: