1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Believe it or not, this is actually getting me some business!

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by corey4671, Sep 21, 2011.

1. corey4671

corey4671 LawnSite Silver Member

So Monday it was raining and I decided to try something. I made a video for my aeration service. I posted it to youtube as well as on my website and my Facebook page for my business. Today ( Wednesday) I had three calls that said they've seen the video! Crazy!

I'm thinking about doing one for leaf removal once the leaves start falling.
  2. Zak's Pro. Lawn Care

Zak's Pro. Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

nice video! wish it really could be done that fast lol
  3. grassyfras

grassyfras LawnSite Bronze Member

That's cool. Way to think outside of the box.
  4. USA Lawn Care

USA Lawn Care LawnSite Member

great job with the video......and thanks for the great idea.
  5. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

I delete personal friends who try to pedal their business stuff on Facebook. No warning, no goodbye...deleted! I'm glad you put it on your business page and that it's working for you.
  6. lawnkingforever

lawnkingforever LawnSite Bronze Member

All this social media is relationship overload. I am ready to delete my Facebook account. I don't know how people have time to go on there all the time. Between running my business and spending time with my family my spare time is much too important for that garbage.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  7. corey4671

corey4671 LawnSite Silver Member

Like it or not, it is rapidly becoming the most efficient way to get the word out about your business. I'm just simply using the resources that available to me.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  8. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

I think you're right; lots of companies have facebook accounts now. Reminds me of an old shampoo commerical where they say "we told two friends" and they say "and we told two friends", etc. Your exposure can rapidly multiply with all of the links between friends.

There's even a song about it now...this guy is a friend of mine (in real life, not on facebook, lol). He's actor Art Carney's grandson BTW.

9. vencops

vencops LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

That's a great video. I wish you luck with it.
  10. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care LawnSite Silver Member

I have that same aerator, how much did the velkie cost you if you don't mind me asking?