1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Belt Changing/Greasing

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by KTNC, Apr 1, 2006.

1. KTNC

KTNC LawnSite Member

I just read on a previous thread the importance of periodically removing the belts to grease w/out load... I have an 01 Lazer 25/60 which incurs about 50 hrs a year (200 hrs on it now)

Could Exmark go into detail the best way to remove/re-install the deck and mule drive belt to accomplish this maintenance...
  2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Hello KTNC,
    Could you give our Service Dept. a call at 402-223-6375. They thought it would be easier to explain it over the phone than by typing the directions out.
    Thanks Brian
  3. DEEJ

DEEJ LawnSite Member

Also, don't forget the tensioner on the serpentine belt driving the pumps. It is located under the seat, under the rubber flap, off the front of the motor. It should also be greased when it is not loaded. To do this one, I put a 9/16" wrench on the bolt head holding the idler pulley on. Swing the wrench to pull the pully back (pulling against the spring), slip the belt off, then ease the wrench back to allow the pully to go to a non-tension position. Grease the idler and work it back and forth by hand a bit, then do the reverse of the above to put the belt back on.

Hope this helps,