Belt drive not pulling

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by JRSlawn, Jun 3, 2004.

1. JRSlawn

JRSlawn LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 2003 exmark metro and latley I have been noticing the left belt not pulling when cornering left. Does anyone know how to fix this?

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Jrs lawn,

When making a LH turn you should be clutching the LH drive lever which will reduce the amount of drive on the LH side causing the mower to turn left. When you release the drive lever the LH side should be driving again.

Is it not driving when you release or am I misunderstanding your post? Also do you have pistol grips or ECS?

Thanks

Terry

3. JRSlawn

JRSlawn LawnSite Senior Member

the left belt dose not drive the mower at all and it needs tightend soem how

4. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

i take it to mean the same thing terry thinks... is this just a visual thing that concerns you or is there a functionality problem?

5. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

JRS,

That's a little clearer. Right now I believe you have pistol grip controls and it's a simple adjustment...............simple to explain on the phone while youÂ’re standing next to the machine but hard to explain in an e-mail. Your best bet is to call me at 1-8008--667-5296 on you cell or cordless and I'll walk you through the adjustment or the "set-up" and "assembly" sections of your operators manual has a good explanation and the line drawings really make it simple to understand.

Give me a call. If it's what I think it is we'll have you up and running in a few minutes.

Thanks,

Terry