Belt keeps poping off my 2006 44in z force HELP

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LuxuryLawnCare, Apr 28, 2010.

1. LuxuryLawnCare

LuxuryLawnCare LawnSite Member

Thanks for looking its driving me crazy ,it will do fine for a while then the damn drive belt will pop off 3-4 times in a row then do fine then pop off a few times any ideas what it could be, its easy to put back on but slows me down a bit any one had this happen or know what to do?:hammerhead:

2. Big C

Big C LawnSite Bronze Member

Check your belt tensioner or your rear pulley could have a peice of debris stuck in it.

3. davidl79

davidl79 LawnSite Member

You also might want to check and see if the pulley's are straight. The bolt could be loose and the pulley is wobbeling. When was the last time you changed the belt?

4. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Here are some possible causes, any of which could require a close inspection:

1. The belt has a cut or a piece missing somewhere.
    2. A bearing in one of the pulleys is gone or going.
    3. A pulley is loose because the nut / bolt isn't tight.
    4. A pulley has a dent in it.
    5. The belt is loose or stretched.
    6. Wrong belt, perhaps more so if it was recently replaced.
    7. Oil or some other lubricant has contaminated the belt.
    8. Dirt / debris was mentioned earlier

I'm sure there are more but I'm also pretty sure if you check out everything
    along those lines you should hit upon it.

5. Jason

Jason LawnSite Senior Member

My pto belt kept popping off when I started the mower deck. I replaced the belt and no problems sense.

6. LuxuryLawnCare

ok well my deck belt broke so i replaced it not my drive belt is split, the double pully that the deck belt goes on bottom and the drive belt on to is vibrating like crazy like when i engage the deck it shakes bad ,i took the double pully off and could not see anything visibly wrong with it but this is my first time even looking at that kinda stuff but now i need a new drive belt but i dont want to put it on with the double pull bouncing and vibrating because it will just rip the belt off again any know what i can do to make the pully stop bouncing and vibrating?:dizzy:

7. LuxuryLawnCare

Come on no help here ?

8. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Have you had that talk with your machine yet?

9. LuxuryLawnCare

If you mean wanting to drop kick it yes lol

10. LuxuryLawnCare

i just dont know why the double pully is shaking so bad is there something in it i cant see that would make it shake like a barring or something