Belt rubbed hole in hydro hose...how to fix?

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by mark12, Sep 12, 2007.

1. mark12

mark12 LawnSite Member
    from Ar

Just bought a used Super mini z 24/52 with bac pac system. Only has 165 hours. Looked at it on Monday but wouldn't start and had to get back to my full time job. Made arrangements to check it out on Wed (today). Got to the dealer(kubota dealer) and was told ther was a problem with the hydro pump or weel motor. It had oil leaking bad out from the underside. They said they had their service dept look at it and determined a bad hydro. Well I realywanted the mower and now with the prolblem I wasn't sure. Anyway, I threw them out an offer for 4500, and they took it with the mower as is. I got it home and found where the oil was leaking, ran my finger across it and felt the belt right there and could feel where the belt had rubbed a hole through the hose causing the bad leak. I think that is great news but I don't know how to adjust the belt to get it away from the hose. I think it is the drive belt as it is comming from the motor to the deck. Any ideas? I will prob take it to the hustler dealer in the morning but wanted to get some feedback before I take it in tomorrow.

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

I see from other posts you have made that you took care of this already and are up and running.

3. mark12

mark12 LawnSite Member
    from Ar

Yes I did manage to get the hose replaced. Have just a few small items that I'm going to replace. Love the mower!