Belt waranty

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by mike lane lawn care, Feb 20, 2006.

1. mike lane lawn care

mike lane lawn care LawnSite Bronze Member

I know all of you guys say cary a spare belt on hand at all times, but the new mower i got has a lifetime waranty on the belts. so what should i do? should i buy extra belts and just keep them around, or should i try to make a deal with the local dealer and buy the belt now and then when it does break take the broken one back and get a new one under the waranty. i'm just a little confused on what to do.

2. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

never heard of a mower with a lifetime belt warranty..
    what brand is it???

3. mike lane lawn care

it's a simplicity. yes i know it's not a commercial product but it is made with the highest end parts and my previous simplicity outlasted a scag

4. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Are you sure it's not a crapsman lifetime,simplicity does not offer a lifetime warranty,must be your dealer instead.

5. mike lane lawn care

check your facts again, simplicty offers a lifetime warranty on the drive belt and two years on the other belts. sorry if i was sounded confusing in my post above. the machine is only 35 days old so the two year warranty still has a long way to go.

6. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

Never heard of a belt warranty...IF it is true, I would ask your dealer how it works.

Also if you are using a homeowner-grade machine for commercial use, they probably won't honor that warranty. Check with the dealer.

7. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Yes, Simplicity is an outstanding homeowner mower, one of the best. But I can assure you even if it is a "lifetime" belt warranty it won't be when they find out you were using a homeowner lawn tractor commerically.

8. mike lane lawn care

thanks for the replies, i'll have a chat with my dealer tomorrow

9. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Jeez a liftime belt that's the best thing going.

10. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

You'll want to check yours again also. It is a 2 year Warranty for Homeowner Use and a 90 Day Warranty for Commercial Use.