Belts, Blades and More

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnnut, Jul 18, 2000.

1. lawnnut

lawnnut LawnSite Member

I would like to caution people on ordering from this company. I ordered some Magnum gator blades from them and they did not have the product. So I am stuck waiting while they get it from some supplier or pay a 15% restocking fee for something they don't stock.<br>It has been over a week and they still don't have them. I could have gotten them from a couple of different places buy now if I would have known.

2. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

Thank you for the warning,I order online sometimes and Ive been lucky so far.let us know when you get them and if there blades are good.<br><p>----------<br>John D<br>

3. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

Saw you post, what is the name of the company? I saw &quot;Electronic Supplier&quot; on the main board, is that it? What is Electronic about blades? Maybe that's why they don't have them. ;)

4. BRL

BRL LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks Kirby's. That's exactly what I was thinking. I was going to visit the local Circuit City & see if they made some big changes I didn't know about. :)

5. GrassCtr

GrassCtr LawnSite Member
    from south

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha, That's funny!

6. mowerparts

mowerparts LawnSite Member

LawnNut, you are the reason that we have a re-stocking fee. I guess you feel that you can order then cancel parts and leave us stuck with the bill. <br>When we have to order parts from the supplier and we have to cancel we are charged a re-stocking fee.<br>The Gator Magnum mulching blades are a hot selling item and are hard to keep in stock.<br>Sometime you just need a little patience.<p>Rick Santo<p>Belts, Blades and More!<br>

7. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

What kind of outfit are you running? I can see holding someones feet to the fire on special order parts, but the guy needs blades, (stock item?) and its not his fault you dont have the foresight to keep a hot seller in stock. <p>Im glad you replied to this thread mowerparts, now that I see what color your spots are I can safely assume that your company should go to the bottom of my list of whom to do business with.<p>Bill

8. mowerparts

mowerparts LawnSite Member

It's not my fault that he orders one day then wants to cancel 2 days later. This is the second time in less than 2 weeks. <br>If you sell out of an item and re-order and its back order, all you can do is wait.<br>As you said foresight does works both ways for the seller as well as the buyer.<br>By the way my colors are true, I do not go around slaming people or companies online nor in puplic. We have talked to Mr. LawnNut on the phone and explained what the proplem was.<br>When you know the whole story the outlook seems to become clearer.<p>Rick Santo<p>Belts, Blades and More!<p><p><font size="1">Edited by: mowerparts

9. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

Question. When he ordered did he know they were out of stock and did he have an estimated delivery date?

10. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

I stopped buying mail order a long time ago...just because of that kinda arm-twisting crap! Better supporting your local businesses anyways! You support them and they support you. These mail order places may offer what looks like a great deal, but when it's all said and done with, are you really saving that much (especially after shipping costs and down time waiting for the part)? Buy more from your dealer and maybe you can work out a pricing plan for your needs.