1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Belts Longevity?

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by Palmer'sLS, Jul 26, 2006.

1. Palmer'sLS

Palmer'sLS LawnSite Senior Member

hi pj, im still in love with my mini-z, but today for the third time (in 1.5 months) i had to tighten up the deck belt....i only have maybe 3-4 links left...i am just wondering if this is normal?!?!....thanks in advance...
  2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

I don't know if there is ever a normal in belt stretching.
    How tight is the belt after you tighten it up? I wonder if its to tight.

3. Palmer'sLS

Palmer'sLS LawnSite Senior Member

i had problems with it first thing ...so i took it back to the dealer....he tightend it up..but im tellin you it was TIGHT...lol...i thought it was too tight, but he said it was fine..so today im mowin.....and its runnin GREAT....but i had to go across gravel, so i knock the pto out..go about 45-50 ft, try to engage the pto....and the belt would barely turn at all...so now im worried, so i get back the the trailer....and cant find anything wrong...so i bring in one more link, and POOF..it works...so...im not sure....but i dont think that with only 20 hours...that the belt would already be THAT stretched out...i dont know though
  4. Doodyboy

Doodyboy LawnSite Member

I have a 52" Super MIni Z with 72 hours on it and the adjusting chain is still on the last link on the end of the chain. I'm really amazed that I haven't had to adjust it any tighter. It is still making a great cut even in tall grass.