belts

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by bigt, May 8, 2004.

1. bigt

bigt LawnSite Member
    from wva

about how long does your deck belts last i have used two with in 300 hours

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Big T,

If everything is functioning as it is supposed to 1,000 or one season is not uncommon depending upon the model.

There are many things that can shorten the life of the belt. The most common would be debris getting between the belt and the pulley causing the belt to be thrown. Bent pulleys, misalignment of pulleys, excessive load such as hitting large objects and tensioning idlers that are not functioning properly.

Again depending upon what your cutting and which model you have I would recommend having the mower inspected by a qualified dealer.

I did a search on your previous posts and found where you had purchased a Lazer HP. On this model we really don't have any deck belt issues.

Please call me at 1-800-667-5296. I want to verify which model you have and get a description of what the belt looks like when it fails.

Thanks,

Terry

3. Jackman

Jackman LawnSite Member
    from Zone

On my Z I have 1199 hours on the deck belt and pump belt(they are ready for change), the drive belt from the PTO to the deck went at around 600 hours. The PTO clutch went at 487 hours just thought Id throw that in because I feel the clutch should have lasted longer....

4. bigt

bigt LawnSite Member
    from wva

i check the pulleys every thing seems fine called my dealer he told me to bring it in and they would see what they could do i ask him if he had one that i could use till he got mine fixed he said no i cant afford to be down for a week or two this was my first exmark and my last...

5. eXmark

BigT,

Hold on there now fella I think we might be getting ahead of ourselved just a little bit. If it's a problem with the machine we really only need to be concerned with 6 pulleys (including the clutch) a tensioning idler and the belt itself. There's always a chance that the mower can be fixed while you wait.

Thanks,

Terry

6. bigt

bigt LawnSite Member
    from wva

your right but i asked if he could not fix it while i was there would he let me use one till he got it fixed and he said no......

7. eXmark

Big T,

Send me a pm to terry.eckert@exmark.com with the model number, serial number and the name of the dealership and I'll see if I can help things along.

Thanks,

Terry