belts

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by chuckers, Jun 19, 2004.

1. chuckers

chuckers LawnSite Senior Member

were is a good place on the internet to order belts for a walkbehind?

2. dfor

dfor LawnSite Senior Member

www.J-Thomas.com I've always been satisfied. Seemed to last longer than oem belts too.

3. Steppenwolf

Steppenwolf LawnSite Senior Member

dfor,
    How many hours are you getting out of J Thoumas belts? I am mainly concered with the engine to blade belt.I have been running Rotary belts,cost a little more but they last at least 250 hours and start to chunk and vibrate before they break so they don't get all tangled up in your clutch. I am using Scag 52 hydro wb's,I have tried using Dealers Brand belts(3) but averaged only 103 hours before they chuncked out. I will never,EVER use a SCAG BELT!! as a replacement,breaks and shreads apart into the clutch,time spent replacing belt,burt fingers,ouch!!!!!1 hour to replace Scag belt,5 minutes to replace Rotary belt. I usually correct the promblem before something happens on my weekly pm check.All of my units have over 3000 hours on them and belt s are usually the biggest headache,but a good pm will keep your units rolling.

4. dfor

dfor LawnSite Senior Member

I don't have an hour meter, but it seems like I replace belts yearly. $25 vs $40 for oem. I also get belts from Lesco.