Benefits

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by ramossjr, Jul 12, 2004.

1. ramossjr

ramossjr LawnSite Member
    from TN

PEOPLE REALLY SAY THAT IT'S A CRUEL WORLD OUT THERE WHEN TRYING TO BECOME YOUR OWN BOSS. THEY TALK ABOUT THE HEADACHES OF TAXES, HEALTH INSURANCE, AND RETIREMENT/401K. I'M NOT REALLY WORRIED BUT THESE THINGS OFTEN PLAY IN THE BACK OF MY MIND. HOW DO I TAKE CARE OF MY TAXES, WHAT IF I GET SICK, AND CAN I RETIRE BEING SELF EMPLOYED? LET'S FACE IT, I DON'T WANT TO BE MOWING LAWNS UNTIL I'M 60 YEARS OLD! WOULD SOMEONE PLEASE GIVE ME SOME INSIGHT ON THIS SUBJECT!:blob2:

2. EastProLawn

EastProLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

First, please don't type in capital letters, it means you are shouting. Second as far as all the questions go, it's all part of being in business. When you do an estimate you have to take into consideration "ALL" of the overhead.

1) Taxes ( we all have to pay them, set money aside for this & charge your customers accordingly & save each and every business expense receipt that you can )

2) Health Insurance ( chamber of commerce, great place to get it at a low price. It's also a tax write off )

3)Retirement ( pay your taxes & hopefully you will have Social Security, but in the mean time invest some of your hard earned money in CD's, MoneyMarket, Stocks & Bonds, IRA's & so on.

Hope this helped.

3. ramossjr

ramossjr LawnSite Member
    from TN

Sorry for the caps......and thanks for the information.

4. EastProLawn

EastProLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

No problem , anytime.