Ben's Landscape

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Ben's Landscape, Jul 24, 2009.

1. rusty_keg_3

rusty_keg_3 LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice looking work man... Hey, i was reading your sig, and noticed your "plans to buy"... I assume these are in no specific order, but if they are i would put a 36" WB b4 leaf loader and dump...

I wouldnt be supprised if some one bought a loader of dump, b4 they got a mower...

Keep the pics commin...

2. Ben's Landscape

Ben's Landscape LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks Rusty... The sig was just a random order of things that I am going to buy. I think the trailer, 32", and the trimmer will be about the same time, then the dump, then the loader. Hopefully if next year goes as good as this year I may be buying all of those on the list and have to start a new one.

I was thinking 32" scag and a 48 inch bobcat.

3. rusty_keg_3

No problem, i was just giving you a hard time... I was wondering how old you were? i looked around, and didnt see...

4. Ben's Landscape

No problem. I am 17 btw.

5. rusty_keg_3

Same here... How long have you "been in the industry"?

6. jeffslawnservice

jeffslawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

48'' Bobcats are great mowers. At work I use on of them for the landscaper I work for and it is an awesome machine. I never had a problem with it and it leaves a great cut. I was planning on buying one this month but I had to buy a new 21'' because both of mine went and I also bought a truck. But I hope to have one before next spring.

7. Ben's Landscape

Rusty... I have been in the industry since 06 just cutting my naihbors yards. Hopefully next year I can get a lot more accounts.

Jeff... Yeah I know how that feels to have to buy everything at once. I might buy my uncles bobcat mower. He is a landscaper but sells off his equipment every couple of years so I could get a good deal. He is the type that keeps his mowers as clean as the showroom. Do you know what they retail??

8. jeffslawnservice

Ben I think they might be around $3000-4000 new I'm not sure though. Might be more. But I definitly need to get a bigger mower for next year I just bought a new lawnboy becasue all of mine went dead (all were old and the person before me didnt take care of them.) But I got those mowers cheap and they did there job but I need a bigger mower for next year. No more using 21'' only. If you get your uncles mower you wont be disappointed.

9. Ben's Landscape

Jeff. did you get the new style lawnboy?? Commercial?? I bought the toro commercial 21" it is the same as last years lawnboy commercial. You won't be disapointed with the mower. It cuts great through grass taller than the mower(Ive done that). Baging and mulching is great. Good luck with the mower.

I don't think that i will be disapointed either. I believe they have kawi motors on them too!!

10. jeffslawnservice

It might be the new style but to be honest im not sure I actually havent run it yet. I'm trying to get all of the life out of my old one before it dies. But the model is 10795 Platinum Series with a Honda engine. If you dont mind me posting a pic on your thread ill get a pic of it today for you.