1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Ben's Landscape

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Ben's Landscape, Jul 24, 2009.

1. Ben's Landscape

Ben's Landscape LawnSite Bronze Member

Definatly. That is what it is there for. But i would think about buying anouther 8001 if my current one was down. The Echo is good for short term use but not all day. I did it for a season and what a diffrence the Redmax was.

The Redmax was one of the best decisions i have made!!

2. J & D Greens

J & D Greens LawnSite Senior Member

Hi Ben,
    Have you got the chance to use your new Toro much? Mine are Prolines with the 2-stroke Suzuki motor. Did you get one with a Kawasaki motor or Honda? The reason I was wondering is because mine are lighter, and when the bag gets heavy the front tends to get a little bouncy and you have to hold it firmer to keep it cutting it's best. David

3. Ben's Landscape

David,

I have not had a chance to use the mower much. I used it for 4 lawns the day i bought it on Saturday. I have been eager to cut some more with it. I have a honda GSV(i think would have to double check) 190. Tomorrow i have to cut a lawn and a couple on thursday. I am taking pics of the cut quality tomorrow.

I wish i had the suzuki 2 stoke on it. I heard that they are really diehard motors.

As far as the bagging i will be doing one bagging yard this week. I mainly mulch the grass clippings since the mower mulches so good. I will definatly keep you posted once i get to use it more.

Ben

4. ecko

ecko LawnSite Member

Don't get rid of that Echo! If you ever need a back up you can count on that thing to start up and run good! I have an old one like that, same model PB400E, that I got for free and it didn't run. I fixed it up and it has been a great blower. I used it until I got my BR600. I run all Stihl now, and my PB400E is the only exception.

I'm never going to get rid of mine, this thing is bulletproof. I can't speak for the newer Echo stuff, but that model is a great blower.

5. Ben's Landscape

Yeah that blower definatly is bullet proof. I think that i will keep it because it was passed down through the family. I ran it the other day for the first time this year. It ran buitfully. ECHO is not the same any more.

6. J & D Greens

I would mulch but I like the look of the lawns when I'm done and this year we have had a unusual amount of rain. Many yards are needing fungicide where there is to much thatch. The rain is creating enough problems with out me mulching the clippings back into it. This is the first time in my live we've had rain almost daily.

7. Ben's Landscape

Yeah it has rained about 3-5 days out of the week in RI. But the lawns are in nice shape and i am haveing no problem mulching. I like how mulching is like natures own fertilizer.

8. J & D Greens

That is true, I always mulch the two weeks after they have their fertilizer applied. I might try mulching more to see if it would work good on certain yards that don't grow way to tall in a week, I think They would look better that way and also be a time saver for me.

9. Ben's Landscape

Exactly why i mulch it is a huge time saver. not having to empty the bag and everything else. It actually takes stress off the mower too. Because the mower does not have to be started and stoped.

10. Tom'sLandscapeDesign

Tom'sLandscapeDesign LawnSite Member

[​IMG]

Is that a left handed blower?