Ben's Lawn Care History

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Ben's Landscape, Mar 12, 2009.

1. Ben's Landscape

Ben's Landscape LawnSite Bronze Member

So I figured that i would finally tell you guys about my biz!!

I started out when i was like 11-12. I had a naibor that was going away for about a mounth and she asked me to take care of the lawn. Well she liked it so much that word got around and before i knew it i had 3 lawns plus my own.

The next season was a great success with going to 5 lawns and me finally buying my own mower. Up until then i was using my dad's.

By the 2008 (4 yrs later) I got myself up to 8 costumers. I also am working at a boat yard. So during the summer i would work 10 hr days then go and cut a couple of lawns. I was also able to buy my self a new redmax bp.

This year i already have some work for some of my teachers. I am still in highschool. Word of mouth has got me many jobs through teachers. I have to go and quote out an install and a couple of lawn mowing jobs.

I plan on staying in the biz for life. I am going to colledge and majoring in landscape arch. and biz management. Hopefully some day having a lawnmower repair shop and still send a crew out to do the lawns. I am an Eagle Scout and an Honors student at my school.

Best of luck in 09!!!!

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

Good for you, man. Keep up the good work! Good luck in '09.
  3. mikewhit1010

mikewhit1010 LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds like you have a lot of plans. One thing I would suggest is use spell check. Some of those words are way off.
  4. Nick's Lawn Care

Nick's Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Haha i thought it was only me:laugh:

Good Luck!!
  5. Ben's Landscape

Thanks guys!! I am sortof new to the site and haven't had time to find the spell check yet!! SRY!! Best of luck to you guys also in '09
  6. teamgreendude

teamgreendude LawnSite Senior Member

no way bro i just became an eagle 2 weeks ago i here only 4% of boy nation wide become eagles
  7. Ben's Landscape

No way!! Good for you!! Yea the number of Eaglescouts nationwide is surly going down. I feel that it has really helped me. Send me a PM and we can talk.
  8. G&G Maintenace

G&G Maintenace LawnSite Member

eagle scout here also...although that was 8 years ago.
  9. Ben's Landscape

I didn't realize how many eagle scouts there were out there in the Landscaping field!! Im from Rhode Island by the way!!
  10. badgerfan

badgerfan LawnSite Member

Sounds like you are figuring things out pretty well. Definately make sure that you go to college because it will teach you allot about time management and widen your view on the world. Even if you don't use your degree in the landscape maintenance field, you will surely be able to benefit from the rigors of schooling. Another tip, it sounds like you should advertise more so that you can obtain more mowing work, so that you won't have to go to work at the boat yard anymore!!