1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by regularguy, Jan 15, 2004.

1. regularguy

regularguy LawnSite Member

Does anyone have any comments concerning the Bensumec product from PBI/Gordon? I thought about using this product in the spring to control crabgrass. Any information would be useful. Thanks
  2. dougaustreim

dougaustreim LawnSite Senior Member

I would check on that. Unless it has a new formulation, that is a pretty old product. Look at Barricade or Dimension, newer chemistry, much more reliable.

Austreim Landscaping
  3. betasan, bensulide, bensumec (sp)?is a great product for crabgrass control, and is one of the least root prunners of all pre emerge for grassy weeds. pre emerge for poa anna also
  4. Greens Keeper

Greens Keeper LawnSite Member

Smell it first. I applied that product for a company and I'll tell you it about made me puke. That was along time ago before all the new ones. I own my own company now and all I use is dimention. Liquid or dry I have not found one better.