bent deck on exmark lazer hp

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by SERRICO, Aug 4, 2004.

1. SERRICO

SERRICO LawnSite Member
    from TX

Took my new exmark lazer hp 52/23 out for walk to 4 acres of vacant lot. Lot is pretty flat but some trash. Accidently, ran over 1" diameter solid metal bar with far right side(when you are sitting) blade. Yesterday I took out the blade and noticed that one side of the blade was slightly bent. and also bent the little portion of the deck where the grasses are discharging. The damage does not effect the spining of the blade. But later if I want to put discharging blocker (muching plate), I have to staighten out the deck first.

Now here is the kicker. The damage is pretty bad (I think), it bent least 1/4" thick blade and 7 gauge thick deck.
    My most concern is the spindle. How do I check the damage of spindle without taking it out?

If there is a damage, how much are those spindle cost?
    And how would you fix the bent deck?

Help. Thanks

2. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

Serrico, I feel your pain, as I hit a frikin' telephone guy wire anchor some one buried in their yard to tie up a dog with. Her was the Damage, broke the Aluminum spindle housing, bent the blade, and the bolt that held it on, AND put a rough spot in the bearing....My machine only had 26 hrs when I did this, so like I said, I FEEL your pain.

I'm not sure how much Exmark will get you for it, But total parts out lay for my Surfer is about $125.. Including a new blade. A s far as fixing the deck, I would probly jack up the machine and use a large pipe wrench and bend the leading edge back out , so it doesn't choke off your discharge as well...

3. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

Serrico, check your pm's...

4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Around 70 bucks if you have to change the spindle assembly. If you're mechanically inclined, the same entire set-up is around 40 bucks through J Thomas, but you have to assemble it and press the bearings yourself.

5. SERRICO

SERRICO LawnSite Member
    from TX

txlawnking, check your pm's...