1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

bent deck

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by buster, Jun 14, 2002.

1. buster

buster LawnSite Member

it appears i have done it this time. i have bent the deck on my mower, and it looks like i will have to replace the brackets for it to line up straight. it is a 42" wizzard mower sold bu western auto, and made by mtd. i know this is a cheap mower, but has been very reliable in the past. i mow 5 properties, all about 1/2 acre each, for free. has anyone had any experience in replacing the brackets or the deck. what is the expected cost?
  2. Albemarle Lawn

Albemarle Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Now that your mower is toast, you can no longer mow for free.

A penny saved is a penny earned, and now that you are no longer mowing, well, that's like having more income!

3. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

Ken - You are so right LMAO - he is saving booko bucks as long as it is in the shop - I know because I mow my church-cemetary and a couple of widows in town for the same "0".:D
  4. smalltime

smalltime LawnSite Member

A 16 pound sledge will get it "close enough". I've had a mower like that before. They actually do a nice job of cutting, but the decks, frames, etc, are weak. I would find a local lawn mower junkyard to find a salvaged deck. They are out there, I know of two in my county.

5. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I had to replace the deck on my MTD made rider about 8 years ago. It cost me $1200. The replacement deck came with a used Woods 36" single hydro walk-behind attached to it. The best thing I ever did.