Bent Deck

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by Hookset, Jul 22, 2002.

1. Hookset

Hookset LawnSite Member

Terry,
    My dealer says the deck is bent on my sixty inch lazer slightly on the right side. I ask him about a jig to strighten it and he said they can do it with a sledge hammer. Should he use a jig? I want it to be right when I get it back. My work depends on a flawless cut. My dealer is Brian Ferrell at Ferrell's Home and Outdoors. 662 287-2165

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Hookset,

Not a problem. The jig doesn't make the deck any straighter it's just a whole lot faster and easier. They'll have it straight and good as new on no time.

Thanks

Terry

3. Hookset

Hookset LawnSite Member

They found bent blades today so the deck didn't get straighted. The only thing I can figure is that I bent them during installation. I use a block of wood for removal and installation. I checked my other blades and they weren't bent, so I'll make the trip back to my dealer for about the sixth time for this problem some time this week. I purchased new gauge wheels today but doubt that will solve the problem of cutting low in turns. I got a feeling that the deck is probably bent. I talk with a guy today that has two exmarks, he says they been flipped, decks bent, and have been in the pond three times, over 2,000 hrs and still cutting fine.

4. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Hookset,

The check to determine if the deck is bent is rather simple. Scrape the deck clean, completely clean. Bolt on a new set of blades and measure from the tip to the roof of the deck at 4 points on each blade (front, back, left and right). This will tell you if the deck is bent and where. Another good indicator is matching the blades tip to tip. If they are with in a blade thickness of each other your in good shape. If not then you'll need to determine why.

Thanks

Terry