1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Bent push rod

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by joslawn33, Oct 9, 2008.

1. joslawn33

joslawn33 LawnSite Member

I was mowing today and all at once I lost all kinds of power.I took it to my dealer opened it up and a push rod bent and another broke. Its a turf tiger 31hp vanguard 1864 hrs. never no probs at all doesnt even use oil none! does any one know what couldve caused this? appreciate any feed back.
  2. mngrassguy

mngrassguy LawnSite Silver Member

Wrong spark plug? Was piston scorched/seized?
  3. joslawn33

joslawn33 LawnSite Member

no the piston is not damaged the plugs were changed in the spring could it took this long to mess up.
  4. NINER

NINER LawnSite Member

most likely over heated i have had that same problem on kawis. keep the fins clean and wash the motor often. a lot of hrs. so it could be expected anyway.
  5. luckylawnboy

luckylawnboy LawnSite Senior Member

I have some used parts you will need. I have a set of heads let me know. Price a new one first. You probably had a valve guide seize or move from over heating like mentioned before.

Call me

Josh Cage
  6. NINER

NINER LawnSite Member

yea i forgot to mention its just quiker and easier to replace the whole head. so it wont happen again for a while.
  7. Trenchblade

Trenchblade LawnSite Senior Member

most likely a stuck or unseated valve.