Bent wheelbarrow axle...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mkwl, May 27, 2005.

1. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

So I'm doing a dry creek bed today, and I was loading stones into my True Temper 8cu.ft. wheenbarrow (with 2 tires). Anyway, when I finished doing the job, I glanced at the front of the wheelbarrow while loading it onto my trailer, and noticed that the axle was bent. The wheels were bent outward, not too badly, but certinally noticeable. I would have expected a better product for $110. I must have had more weight in it than I thought, because it has a 3/4" steel axle. Sometime I will have to straighten it out. Has this ever happened to you?
  2. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

A $15,000 dry creek bed 2 years back ate 3 of my wheelbarrows only so much they can do and we moved 200 yards of fill. 40 tons of 3/4 gravel and 42 tons of river jack or river rock.
  3. Avery

Avery LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a wheelbarrow graveyard. Gotta be at least 20 in some state of disrepair. They are replaceable. Run'er till she breaks then get another one.
  4. spoolinaround

spoolinaround LawnSite Senior Member

instead of bending the axles I am having a problem with the metal braces in the front breaking when heaped with topsoil
  5. quidproquo

quidproquo LawnSite Member

Mine lasted until the first load-bent like butter. I replaced it with steel rod from the local hardware store, same diameter. This fix has lasted for about a year, but they are bent again...if I had a lathe maybe I would make the axle from 1" stock or greater and just taper the ends....... :cry: